Today Verisign (a global provider of domain name registry services and internet infrastructure) released a domain name industry brief for the first quarter of 2019.
The main numbers of first three months of this year are following
- There are total 351.8 million domain names registrations across all top-level domains (TLDs)
- 3.1 million domain name registrations were added in last quarter
- The .com and .net TLDs had a combined reach the total of 154.8 million
- Total country-code TLD (ccTLD) domain name registrations now have 156.8 million domain
- Just new .com and .net domain name registrations totaled at 9.8 million
- New gTLD (ngTLD) domain name registrations now at the 23.0 million mark
As we could see .com and .net remain and will remain leaders for a long time. While new TLD showed a small decrease, still they got 2.8 million new domain names.
You could download a full report here